Yemen News Agency (SABA)
Home      Local   International   Saudi Aggression War against Yemen   About Yemen   Civil Society   Economy   About Saba  
Search | Advance Search
 
  Local
President meets head of Supreme Judicial Council
[23 January 2018]
President meets Minister of State for Parliament, Shura Affairs
[23 January 2018]
Presidency Director meets United Nations Resident Representative
[22 January 2018]
206 prisoners involved in December sedition released in Sanaa
[21 January 2018]
Yemen women rally to reinforce army in fighting Saudi aggression
[20 January 2018]
 
  Saudi Aggression War against Yemen
Report: 9 civilians killed, 6 injured in 37 Saudi aggression airstrikes, attacks on Yemen during one day
[23 January 2018]
Saudi aggression waged 11 airstrikes, ground attacks on Saada
[23 January 2018]
5 Saudi aggression air raids waged on Jizan
[23 January 2018]
Saudi enemy army’ sites, gatherings shelled in Jizan, Najran, Asir
[23 January 2018]
Saudi aggression warplanes wage 9 raids on Saada
[23 January 2018]
 
  Reports
Report: Army, committees conducts ground attacks against Saudi Army, its mercenaries Over Sunday
[22 January 2018]
Report: 35 Saudi-led aggression coalition airstrikes hit Yemen provinces over Sunday
[22 January 2018]
Report: 2 civilians killed in 24 Saudi-led aggression coalition airstrikes over Yemen on Saturday
[21 January 2018]
Report: Army , committees attack Saudi army, its mercenaries in battle fronts over Saturday
[21 January 2018]
Report: Saudi-led aggression coalition warplanes wage 22 strikes on Yemen over Friday
[20 January 2018]
 
  International
FM meets UN political affairs official
[23 January 2018]
Yemen's Revolutionary President bids farewell to UNOCHA coordinator
[22 January 2018]
Minister of Planning, UN official discuss coordination
[22 January 2018]
UN, aid partners launch largest humanitarian appeal for Yemen
[22 January 2018]
Yemen calls on power countries to stop selling arms to coalition's states
[21 January 2018]
  Local
U.S. to try five Yemeni Gitmo detainees
[17/May/2010]

WASHINGTON, May 17 (Saba) – The U.S. will start in this summer trying five Yemeni detainees at the U.S. Guantanamo Bay in Cuba including Ramzi Al-Shaibah, Walid Bin Atash and Abdul Rahim Al-Nasheri, the September 26 website has reported.

The five had previously been tried by military commissions in the U.S. that were already canceled.

Weeks ago, the U.S. released a Yemeni Gitmo detainee and sent him to Spain. The release took place, according to the U.S. officials, after Yasin was found cooperative with the authorities.

Meanwhile, Abdul Salam Al-Hila, another Yemeni detainee, has told his family that he faced a new assassination attempt at the U.S. Bay which the U.S. President Obama ordered to be closed as soon as possible.

His brother said that they received a letter from Abdul Salam telling them he had faced a new assassination plot arranged by the jail officials.

Last year Al-Hila revealed an assassination plot he had faced at the jail.

Separately, the release of the rest Yemeni detainees at Gitmo, who account for almost half of the remaining detainees, is still controversial as the U.S. wants to send them to a third country to rehabilitate them amid fears the national rehabilitation programs
and centers can't ensure they would not regroup.

But Yemen insists on sending its people to their homeland, assuring that it would do its best to ensure they would be well rehabilitated and reintegrated into the society.

The U.S. has already released some Yemeni detainees but it refuse to release the others, after it found out that those who were released were back to terrorist groups posing threats to the U.S. national security and economic interests.

FR
Saba
  more of (Local)
UPDATED ON : Tue, 23 Jan 2018 12:48:23 +0300