SANA'A, March 04 (Saba) - Security forces have managed to arrest 11 al-Qaeda suspects after a successful attack in Swad Hanash area of the capital Sana'a, a security source said on Thursday.
While attacking a house to arrest al-Qaeda suspects called "Mohammed", his father shot against the security men, injuring one of them, the source told the Defense Ministry website, adding that the have responded and shot him dead.
According to the source, all the suspects have sent to the competent authorities and currently under investigation.
Last Monday, security authorities raided a hideout of wanted fugitives in Zunjbar city at the southern province of Abyan.
The operation ended up with arresting ten wanted fugitives, killing two and injuring another. Two policemen were killed and a third was injured in the operation.
The fugitives killed were Ali Saleh al-Yafi'e and Ahmed Muhsen Ahmed al-Sa'adi, said to have links with al-Qaeda.
Meanwhile, the authorities have warned the people against sheltering terrorist suspects and outlaw elements, saying those who may be found guilty of sympathizing with fugitives would be punished.
Yemen has reinforced its security measures to crack down on alleged hideouts of al-Qaeda since December 2009.
Since then, Yemen's war against al-Qaeda resulted in killing many leaders of al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) including the top regional leader of al-Qaeda Qassim Yahya Mahdi al-Raymi.
Interior Ministry has said that Yemen's war on terrorism and al-Qaeda would continue almost daily to prevent al-Qaeda attacks against any national and foreign interests.